"The Women’s Resource Center is committed to equality, justice, and the well-being of women. To that end, we will engage and encourage our community to work with us toward those goals." The Women’s Resource Center provides many services to families in Northern Michigan with a focus on survivors of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.
- Counseling Services (Therapy sessions for ANY survivor of sexual assault or for survivors’ family and friends)
- Safe House for female victims of domestic abuse (Temporary shelter, support, advocacy, counseling and immediate help)
- Educational/Employment Services (Career guidance and help with employment skills)
- Children’s Learning Center (Daycare for 2.5-10-year-olds)
- Project FREE preschool
- Violence prevention
- Educational activities in schools to teach kids about safe relationships
423 Porter Street, Petoskey MI 49770
Adult Abuse Protective Services, Emergency Shelter, Mental Health and Counseling, Early Ed/ Preschool, Adult Ed/ Continuing Education, Employment Assistance, Childcare, Other Children and Teen Programs, Emergency and Disaster Services, Parent Support
Many programs are for survivors of sexual assault or domestic violence or for women. However, that is not the case for all programs, and interested individuals should contact the agency directly.