"The Lions Club of Mackinaw City was chartered September 16, 1947. We currently have 41 members and are always looking for men and women interested in serving their community and beyond. The Lions Motto "WE SERVE" is indeed alive and well in Mackinaw City. When you visit our beloved community take a minute and listen to the “Roar” of The Lions Club of Mackinaw City.
Lions Club of Mackinaw City contributes to the following organizations:
- Leader Dog School
- Puppy program at Chippawa Correctional Facility
- Local Food Pantry
- Lions All-State Band
- Project Kids Sight
- Mints for the Military
- Eye Research/Michigan Eye Bank
- Eye Glasses and Hearing Aids
- Wheelchairs, etc. for Mobility Inpaired (available to both tourists and locals - short term and long term)
$3,800 in Scholarships for local High School Seniors
- Project Close-Up (sending our high school's Juniors to Washing D.C.)
- Project Graduation (annual party given to our graduating Seniors)
- Athletic Banquet (a banquet given annually to our school's athletics and fully paid by the Lions)
- Greater Mackinaw City Chamber of Commerce
- Junior Achievement
- Wawatam Area Seniors, Inc. ( a group that serves meals, etc. to our community's seniors five days a week)
- Senior Citizens Free Income Tax Service
- Fort Michilimackinac Pagent
- Member Family Memorials
- Community Enrichment Projects
- Maintenance and purchase of handicap equipment"
The Lions Club of Mackinaw City meets on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 6:00 pm at The Lion Dan Russell Building located at 205 Cedar Street. We are a very friendly club and eagerly look forward to any visiting Lions wishing to attend our meetings."
205 Cedar St. Mackinaw City, MI
Disability Services, Durable Medical Equipment - Loan Closet
Contact the group directly for more information about eligibility and services.