"The mission of Health Department of Northwest Michigan is to promote wellness, prevent disease, provide quality health care, address health problems of vulnerable populations, and protect the environment for the residents and visitors in our communities."
A few of the many services at the health department
- STI testing and rapid HIV testing
- Immunizations (Those without insurance may qualify for reduced cost)
- Help individuals apply for and understand Medicaid and the Marketplace
- Diabetes education classes (particularly for pre-diabetes patients)
- School-based health centers
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program - Supplemental nutrition and other services for pregnant women, infants and children
- Maternal Infant Child Health Program (Supplemental obstetric care and home visiting)
- Breast and Cervical Cancer screening
- Water testing kits (not free, but affordable)
- Radon testing kits (not free, but affordable, one free week per year)
3434 M-119, Suite A Harbor Springs, MI 49740
Primary Care, Dental Primary Care, Other Children and Teen Programs, State of Michigan (Government Services), Parent Support
Contact the agency directly to learn about the eligibility requirements for each program.