"Home to 113 Elders, Grandvue Medical Care Facility has been serving Northern Michigan for over 120 years. The facility has evolved from a working farm in 1898 to an infirmary with x-ray and maternity ward in 1949 to a Medical Care Facility in 1958. A specialized memory community was added in 1997, and the facility was expanded and renovated in 2005.
As a county medical care facility, Grandvue is owned by Charlevoix County and governed by the Charlevoix County Department of Health and Human Services Board.
Grandvue provides 24-hour skilled nursing care in an environment that honors Elder’s individuality and personal choices. Services that are available to Grandvue’s Elders include:
* 5-Star Quality care as determined by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Care partner staffing that exceeds local, state and national standards
* Eden Alternative Philosophy that encourages independence, variety and Elder centered care
* Three full time, on-staff licensed Social Workers
* Executive Chef on staff providing Restaurant Style Dining
* Regular doctor’s visits throughout the week and as necessary
* Community outings determined by Elders
* Facility van, bus and transporter for activities and medical appointments
* Weekly nondenominational church services and Catholic Mass
* Choir, Bible study and social groups based on Elders’ interests
* Local bands and entertainers on a regular basis
* Stylists and barber regularly provide on-site services
* Free laundry services
* Cable television and local telephone service at no additional cost"
1728 S. Peninsula Road East Jordan, MI 49727
Please contact the agency directly for more information. Priority is given to Charlevoix County residents.