"The Mission of the Charlevoix County Commission on Aging is to provide the highest quality senior services in partnership with the community. We focus our efforts on advocacy and support for seniors and their caregivers by promoting health, wellness, and education to achieve a dignified and enriched quality of life.
What We Do:
The Charlevoix County Commission on Aging is your resource for highly qualified, professional services, programs and resource material including:
- In- Home Respite: Respite provided by trained assistants for seniors with dementia and those with special needs who need supervision.
- In- Home Services: Health assessments are preformed in your home by a registered nurse to determine the need for services and to make appropriate referrals and education.
- Home Delivered Meals: Delicious and nutritious meals, supervised by a registered dietician and delivered to your door. Any qualified home-bound person 60 and over ,living in Charlevoix County, is eligible.
- Homemaker Program: Homemakers provide laundry, shopping , errands and routine light-duty housekeeping tasks to help maintain a clean and healthy environment for our clients.
- Personal Care: Trained assistants provide help with "activities of daily living"such as: bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring, ambulation, nail and hair care.
- Foot Care: Scheduled visits by a skilled certified foot care nurse for the purpose of treating high- risk, home bound patients in need of pro-active foot care. Monthly foot care clinics are also scheduled at area senior centers."
218 W. Garfield Avenue Charlevoix , MI 49720
Adult and Aging Services, Adult Day/ In-Home Services, Respite Services, Caregiver Support, Other Senior Services, Senior Meals
"All services are provided to each individual on a sliding scale based on your personal financial status. We arrive at your personal fee schedule by reviewing your yearly income and comparing it to the federal poverty scale. Delivered meals are provided on a suggested $3 donation basis." This organization seeks to serve individuals 60 years of age and older.